Events in year of 1137No particular events in year of 1137.
People born in year of 1137No particular people born in year of 1137.
People died in year of 1137
- 06-23Adalbert I: Archbishop of Mainz (1111-1137)
- 06-27Guigo de Castro [Venerabilis]: 5th prior of Grande Chartreuse
- 08-01Louis VI: King of France, dies (1108-37)
- 09-18Erik II Eimune [Onvergetelijke]: King of Denmark (1134-37), murdered
- 12-03Lotharius III: Of Supplinburg, Roman-Ger Emperor (1133-37), dies at 67
- 12-04Lotharius III of Supplinburg: Emperor (1125, 33-37), dies at 67
Events in year of 1138
- 03-07Conrad II von Hohenstaufen re-elected German King
- 03-13German King Koenraad II von Hohenstaufen crowned
- 05-29Anti-Pope Victor IV (Gregorio) overthrows self for Innocentius II
- 08-22English defeated Scots at Cowton Moor Banners of various saints were carried into battle which led to being called Battle of the Standard
People born in year of 1138No particular people born in year of 1138.
People died in year of 1138
- 01-25Anacletus II [Pietro Pierleone]: Jewish anti-pope (1130-38)
- 10-28Boleslaw III Kryzwousty [scheefmond]: Duke of Poland
Events in year of 1139
- 01-25Godfried II the Young becomes Duke of Brabant
- 04-202nd Lateran Council (10th ecumenical council) opens in Rome
- 06-25Battle of Ourique: Afonso I defeats Moors
- 07-25Count Alfonso I of Portugal becomes King
People born in year of 1139No particular people born in year of 1139.
People died in year of 1139
- 01-25Godfried I: With the Beard, Duke of Brabant / Earl of Leuven
- 06-23Andries van Kuik: Bishop of Utrecht
- 07-16Walram II: Duke of Limburg / Neth-Lutherans
- 10-20Henry X the Trotse: Duke of Bayern (1126-38)